Thursday, September 24, 2009

Squash Soup (Christy)

4 Cup Cooked squash butternut or banana ( I usually bake the squash in the oven and then scrape it out of the skins)

Simmer the following ingredients until soft
3 cups chicken broth
2 small onions diced
3 medium carrots chunked
2 small apples chunked
1 cup diced potatoes

When veggies are soft put all the ingredients in blender, including the squash and the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.

1 TBSP salt
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp sage (I usually start with less and then add more to taste)
3/4 tsp pepper
dash nutmeg

Put back in pot and add 2 Cups of milk + 1 cup cream. I usually don't add the cream bud add extra milk depending on how thick I want it, or you can add a can of evaporated milk which will make it a little creamier without the "real" Cream.

No comments: